Monday, May 2, 2011

Let's get this started!

I thought I would start of with an introduction of me and my family.  In the future I hope to use this blog as a way to share my experiences as a mom/wife/person living life.  I am sure a lot of it will be baby related as we have recently added W to the mix 9 years after our first daughter.  I definitely feel like I am starting parenthood all over again!  So let's go...

Me:  I am Aubrey.  Until a few weeks ago I could say that I was a PhD student working in aquatic toxicology.  Now.  I am not sure what I am.  After the surprise of our second daughter this past fall my priorities have changed drastically.  After next week I will no longer be pursuing my PhD.  I am unwilling to give up time with my family for school, research, and teaching.  Although I LOVE science, I want to be a mom and a wife before a scientist.  I consider myself a "green mama" and will share my adventures in that. So to answer the question, Who am I?  I don't really know anymore but I plan to find out!


The Husband:  My husband is Nathan. He is my best friend.  He has his master's in biology focused on Microbiology and is currently on the search for a job in his area.  God bless him.  While waiting for a job of his dreams he is working 3rd shift at a factory.  He is an awesome dad and husband.  I am sure I will post other things about him but for now that is all I need to say about that.

The Gabby Girl:  Gabby is our oldest daughter.  I don't know when she became her own person and not out baby, but he is a firecracker to say the least.  We had her young and learned fast what it was to be parents.  She has inspired us to be the people we are today.  She loves soccer and arts and crafts.  She says that one day she will be a soccer player or a clothing designer. She loves school.  Her favorite book is a birding book.  She can pull on my nerves sometimes as she pushes her boundaries and establishes herself. Nathan just laughs and tells me she acts just like me.  She is a wonderful big sister!

Miss Wren:  Wren is now 5 months old.  She is our little coodie pie.  After not having a baby for 9 years I feel like I am a first time parent all over again!  This blog will be filled with the adventures of relearning mommy hood.  Not that I am not a mommy to Gabby it is just being a mom to a 9 year old person is MUCH different than a mom to a baby!

Now for the best part, pictures!
W 5 months


Enjoying our first nice day of spring


The girls with daddy

The girls and mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment